Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:46:32 EST

I read with interest about the Kitchenaid mixer.   Although this  one was
about the Pro model, there is another model that can be purchased a lot  cheaper
also.  It is the Artisan.

If you have a store in your area called Kitchen Collections or Gadgets  &
More, you can purchase a refurbished Artisan for about $175.  It  comes with a 6
month guarantee rather than a year that you get with a  full-priced one.
Sometimes they are considered refurbished if  they had been returned for some
reason, BUT..... also stores get them for  Christmas time sales and if they
don't all get sold, they are returned to the  supplier and then considered
refurbished, even if never  opened.    And Kitchenaid is very quick to replace any
that you  have problems with......but just be sure to use it often in the
beginning to  make sure it is okay.

You can also go to _www.kitchencollections.com_
(http://www.kitchencollections.com) , but  they are $199 online, plus you would probably have to pay
shipping.

Regular prices for these mixers usually run anywhere from $249 and  up.   The
Artisan is a 325 watt mixer with a  tilt-head.    I have one and absolutely
love it.  I make my  bread in it rather than using a bread machine.   So many
more uses for  a mixer than there is a bread machine anyway.

Bev
Ohio

Visit the archives at: Listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=CELIAC