From:
Kelly Dube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:05:58 -0500

Please see your doctor as this could be serious.  The symptoms of lymphoma
are the same.  Most lymphoma's are discovered by swelling of lymph nodes,
no other symptoms.  The textbook symptoms of NHL include swollen lymph
nodes, flu-like symptoms, fever, night sweats, weight loss or itchy skin.
Most patients find they have only found a swelling of the lymph nodes upon
diagnosis.  This is what happened to my husband.  No other symptoms.
Normal blood counts.  Stage IV incurable lymphoma.  Lymphoma will wax and
waine, that is get larger and smaller as the cancer moves through the lymph
system.  PLEASE insist on a biopsy, this is the ONLY way lymphoma can be
diagnosed.  And the biopsy must be read by a reputable cancer center.  I
pray you don't have this, but it is so important that you get checked.
Studies show CD may increase the risk for lymphoma.  I am posting this
directly to the list.  We all must be informed and take charge of our health.

Please pray for my husband.  We are leaving with our children for the 1200
mile trip to the cancer center on Saturday and hopefully be home for
Christmas.  He is only 37 years old.

Kelly in Michigan