From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:48:11 -0400

Summarizing the responses from my inquiry about www.glutenfreedrugs.com:
The concensus was that the site is put together by pharmacist, Steve Plogsted and
the medications were gathered by calling companies.
Some sang his praises, because he gets nothing from doing it.
Some said the list is not up-to-date or specific enough, at times, and that it has, on occasion, included something that has gluten.

The advice given by several who responded was that we still need to contact companies ourselves. I agree with them. At least our constant inquiring lets companies know there is a market for gf products. But, it sure helps having a list (and the Stokes Pharmacy book, too) handy when the doctor needs to phone in a prescription and there is no time to verify gf status, especially on the weekend when manufacturers are closed.

So, thanks to Steve Plogsted for his efforts.
Linda