From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:37:11 -0800

Hi All--

Andy posted yesterday that it appeared that Lawry's
Brown Gravy Mix has changed with the notation of
"Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (corn, soy, wheat)"

I called Lawry's just 10 minutes ago. The story is
that their computer information is in error; their
computer indicates their gravy mixes are gf. I asked
the representative to double check the information and
he did. The brown, chicken and turkey gravy mixes are
NOT gf any longer. If you find packets that do NOT
state "Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (corn, soy,
wheat)," that packet it still gf.

I asked the representative what we, as celiacs, could
do to institute a change back to gf...He was extremely
sympathetic, said he didn't know why they changed the
formulation and that if we used the "contact us" link
on their website to request the mixes be returned to
gf status, he thought that might very well make a
difference. The address is: www.lawrys.com

Thanks to Andy for bringing this to the list...

Ayn/Kansas