Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:24:13 -0600

Dear Listies -
In a previous post, I clarified what dry eye is vs.
what Blepharitis is.

For dry eye, the approach is to use artificial tears
frequently during the day.

At bedtime, it is best to use an ointment such as
Bausch & Lomb PM ointment.

Since we have many sensitivities, artificial tears
that have no preservatives, very natural ingredients,
and ointment that has no preservatives is best.

I use Bion Tears during the day, and Puralube -
identical to Bausch & Lomb PM ointment but
at 1/3 the cost (I had to have my pharmacist
order it in from the manufacturer - not usually
on shelves).

Since I have Blepharitis, I use very warm water
compresses (rolled up wash cloth) for several
minutes a.m. before putting in drops, and p.m.
before putting in ointment.

Vicki Jones
Homewood, IL