From:
Paul & Denise McCutcheon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:51:13 -0400

Others may desire this information from bayer direct

Denise MCCutcheon

Thanks for visiting our website.  The following products have been
tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten:

Children's Motrin Oral Suspension
Children's Tylenol  Fruit Burst Flavor Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol PM Gelcaps
Imodium AD Caplets
Infants' Tylenol Cherry Concentrated Drops
Lactaid Original Strength Caplets
Lactaid Ultra Caplets
Maximum Strength Tylenol Allergy Sinus Caplets
Multi-Symptom Tylenol Cold Tablets
Sesame Street Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol Arthritis Extended Relief Caplets

For the remainder of McNeil's products:

Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat,
rye, barley, and oats, but are not found in corn. The source of starch
in our formulations is corn. Other inactive ingredients may be derived
from a source other than corn.

We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our
products with a worsening of symptoms in patients with celiac disease.

We hope this information is helpful.

In reference to your inquiry, we have listed below our products which do not
contain any wheat gluten.  Therefore, these products pose no concern to those
with Celiac Sprue disease.  These products, may however contain corn gluten.

Alka-Seltzer Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Lemon-Lime Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Extra Strength Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Cherry Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Gold Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Cherry flavoured Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Orange flavoured Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Time Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinus Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Effervescent
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Effervescent
Bugs Bunny with Extra C
Bugs Bunny Plus Iron
Bugs Bunny Complete
Flintstones Original
Flintstones Plus Calcium
Flintstones Plus Extra C
Flintstones Plus Iron
Flintstones Complete
One-A-Day Calcium Plus
One-A-Day Essential
One-A-Day Menus
One-A-Day Women's
One-A-Day 50 Plus
One-A-Day Maximum
One-A-Day Kids Complete

We do not add gluten to any of our products.  However, we are checking with our
raw material suppliers for all of our other products that are not listed above
to confirm that their ingredients are 100% wheat gluten free.

I hope this was helpful.

Regards,
Sam Rodriquez
Consumer Care Division