From:
Terri Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:12:37 -0800

Let me first thank everyone who took the time to write in with suggestions.  Here is my summary.

  Health Food Stores

  Sprouts Natural Market
  40458 Winchester
  Temecula, Ca
  951-296-3444
  majority of people said this store had the best selection of gf products

  Henry's
  32413 Hwy 79 South
  Suite 300
  Temecula, Ca

  Orchards Market Place
  27473 Ynez Road
  Temecula, Ca
  951-695-9115

  Trader Joes
  40665 Winchester Road
  Temecula, Ca
  951-296-9964

  Grocery Stores
  Winco Foods
  Winchester/Margarita Rd
  Temecula, Ca
  carries a small variety of gf products

  Support Groups:
  San Diego Support Group
  www.glutenfreeinsd.com
  this is the closest support group available for the area

  Doctors:
  North County Gastroenterology Medical Group
  Oceanside, Ca
  MD: Eric Veirnes
  760-724-8782

  Kaiser Hospital
  San Marcos, Ca
  MD: Dr. Master

  **** special notes:

  UCSD
  La Jolla, Ca
  has currently opened a pediatric clinic specializing in celiac disease and is attempting to form an adult clinin by the end of the year based on funding.

  Thanks again for everyone's help.  If you think of anything else I am always open for more emails regarding this subject.

   Sorry to report, nobody told me of places to eat locally that are aware gluten and what food it is in.  However, I have noticed on my own that there is an Outback which you can print a gluten free menu out on their website.  In-n-Out is close.  You can order a protein style burger and just make them aware to prepare it on paper because the counter that they would normally set the burger on is where they place the buns as they prepare burgers for others.  The fries are gf, and the shakes are too.  If you are someone who doesn't eat things that contain distilled vinegar, than you may want to omit the dressings they put on the burgers as well.

  Thank you again,

Terri Daniels
New York, USA