From:
Jean Jasinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 09:23:18 MST

My son does not have celiac disease but is instead allergic to gluten,
dairy, and just about everything else he's ever eaten before.

Based on some hair testing, iridology, and the fact that he didn't
sweat ever, it was concluded that he didn't have enough chloride in
his body to make sweat or HCl (stomach acid).  He started taking
over-the-counter digestive enzymes (plant-based) and salting his food
with sea salt.  I'm happy to say he started to sweat again.

Then a doctor who works with kids with autism suggested that he take
Creon 5 for snacks and Creon 10 for meals.  These are prescription
animal based enzymes.  He seems to react less to gluten but he does
still react to the allergic foods.

Celiac is different than a food allergy.  I don't think digestive
enzymes are the answer to allowing a celiac to eat wheat.  But if you
have trouble digesting food, the enzymes might help with that aspect
of the disorder.

Jean Jasinski