From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:21:35 -0400

Our Gluten Free Dinner Club dined at the Alpharetta GA location last week.
The staff was not well trained on the GF menu which I find with most chains
so I was not surprised. However, since their GF menu does not clearly list
what sauces (for fish dishes) are gluten free, we had to rely on the staff and
it depended on your server, as to what answers you were given. As of
yesterday, the company declared their lemon butter and mango salsa sauces
are gluten free. Pan Asian is not and they are not sure of the gf status of the
lime tomato garlic sauce. It must be gluten free, or used to be, since it's the
same sauce on their GF saucy shrimp app. for over two years. Still, they said
they are working with GIG to evaluate their gf ingredients thoroughly. My meal
was wonderful and gluten free, but everyone in our group was not so lucky.
Even when they get their GF menu status straightened out, I'd be warry about
trusting the local staff members about what daily specials are gluten free. The
corporate office can't confirm the status of those for us.

I love it when companies introduce or have gluten free menus but if they don't
take it serviously, it's not doing us any good. Eating out is always a risk and
personally I have better luck eating safely at higher end places that don't
have gluten free menus, but do have real chefs who know exactly what goes
in each dish.