Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:07:30 -0400

We had a nice time in Niagara Falls, Canada.  We ended up having good meals at The Keg at Embassy Suites and Cafe Amore in St Catherine's.  Cafe Amore had great Italian food with GF rolls and pasta.  Definitely worth the ride from Niagara.  The Swiss chalet was pretty good for a quick meal.  It was hard to find cold cuts at the grocery with no wheat or MSG.  They had some natural type turkey but it wasn't terribly tasty.  We went to a Wegmans in Buffalo that was really popular and had some GF packaged food.  Thanks for your advice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy travels
St Catharines, ON: Cafe Amore on Martindale Rd. not far from the QEW.
Wonderful gf rolls, all sauces are gf. They usually have gf desserts
too.
We eat there a lot. The menu has a great selection from steak, fish,
pasta, chicken. The food is always plentiful and not expensive.
In the Falls, Can. Gf bakery in Chippawa on Main St. It is called De
Healthy Baker. Ask anyone where Foodland is in Chippawa and the bakery
is right across the street from the main entrance of the Foodland store.
N on the Lake, you must not miss out on The Irish Tea Room. It is on
the main street in the Irish Store, I cannot think of the proper name.
The food there is great. The desserts are so good, you won't believe
they are gf.

You shouldn't have trouble taking food across the border. I think they
frown on taking meat and fruit across the border.
If you like Pizza, the Pizza Pizza chain has gf pizza.
Swiss Chalet is ok but not the french fries.

I'm on the west coast but there is no problem taking gluten free food across the border. It is fresh produce and meats that there may be limitations. Cold cuts are ok.
Also, I tried a google search which provided some interesting results for bakeries, groceries and restaurants. Here is the link for the search results.
Gluten free Niagara Falls
For restaurants listed in the Celiac Scene website, I would make a call first to verify it. Probably a good idea for any of the restaurants listed.

I'm not from this area but in Williamsville, Ny there are shop rite stores & wegman's that have gf.  Pizza Plant serves gf pizza on Wednesday. Mighty Tacos are everywhere & gf. Williamsville is about 8-10 miles from Buffalo.....Also in Buffalo there is the Red Brick Market that sells French Meadow gf rolls.  Original pancake house has gf breakfast again near Williamsville.

It is a little hike from NF - but Curley's in Lackawanna, NY is awesome for GF food - you definitely need reservations.  Maybe 30 minute drive.
Wegmans is awesome.  Regarding taking food into or out of Canada - no fresh fruits / veggies.  Everything else should be fine - call US customs to confirm.  Plus we always travel with a note from our doc stating our need to travel with food.

Zehr's, Soby's, the Super Store on 4th Ave in St Catharines
Zehrs seems to have a good selection. Have you tried kinnikkinnik
products??? They are amazing.