From:
Teresa Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:27:28 EDT

     Since we started the GF diet, we have been checking some of our favorite
seasonings and sauces for gluten content.  Head Country Seasoning for meat is
wonderful.  I contacted the co. representative and he said that the
ingredients in the seasoning is GF but the product is made on a line where other
products containing gluten are made.  The line is cleaned and sanitized between
runs, but they couldn't guarantee that the seasoning was GF.
     He did write the following e-mail which declared all their BBQ sauces
GF.  Their web address is www.headcountry.com.

Teresa,  Greetings,  I have been in contact with the company that makes our
liquid smoke.  The R & D person I talked to said there were no glutens in the
liquid smoke.  She is faxing me confirmation.  Therefore the Head Country
bar-b-q sauce is gluten free.  We make a regular (sweet flavor),  a hickory  smoke,
and a hot.  Head Country is a 56 year old family recipe.  All the products
are natural.  No fillers, starches, gums, etc.  I am working on the seasoning
verifcation.  Look us up on the web at headcountry.com. We have great sauces,
seasoning, salsa etc.   We would love to do business with the folks that have
difficulties with glutens.  Thanks Paul Schatte, General Manager