From:
"J. Wallace" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:03:33 EDT

Hello ~

Our adult son, diagnosed with Celiac Sept, 1999, has been experiencing severe
gastrointestinal pain this last week and passing bloody mucous.  However,
yesterday there was actually red blood on his stools.  The pain was so
intense he felt hot, sweaty, and that he would pass out.  (My husband and I
were not home.)  Until his CD diagnosis, he had NO typical symptoms.  After
going gluten free he has had much GI pain at various times.  His previous
symptoms were Sjogren's, Raynaud's, fibromyalgia, etc.

I have read of the gas, bloating, diarrhea, etc. but never of fresh blood in
and on stools.  Have any of you experienced this ?  Would certainly
appreciate any information.  Naturally, we will phone his GI MD. in the
morning, but would appreciate any advice.

Last month he had a GI 'CatScan' because of the pain ~ which was negative of
abnormalities.  There had been no blood at that time.

Thanks for any information,

Jude  Seattle  WA  (area)