From:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:13:24 -0600

Hi Listmates,

I am asking this question for a friend who is GFCF.  Here goes:

What do you do if you need to take a medication and you call the company and you are told the following?

"The product is gluten free, but we do not test for casein, but it contains lactose.  All we know is that if it contains lactose, it contains dairy and that is all we can tell you."

We know that lactose is not the same as casein.  Our understanding is that lactose is the milk sugar and casein is the milk protein.  So based on the above statement, would you assume that the product does not contain casein?   Would you use the product?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Barbara in Missouri