From:
Dimitrios Douros <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dimitrios Douros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:03:03 -0800

   A couple of recent emails commented on how good Manna from Anna is
and wondered whether it is trully GF.

   Yes, it really does taste great and yes it is GF.

   I had the same doubt, so I called Anna and talked to her. She is a
celiac too and guarantees that it is GF. The only thing I'll say about
it: it contains flour from 2-3 different types of beans and that makes
it high enough in fiber that it might bother people that have problems
with beans. A couple of times ( not often ) I got stomach pains after
eating too much of it at one sitting - not hard to do, considering how
great it tastes!

   Unlike almost all other GF breads, this one you don't have to
freeze. I keep it, as a loaf, in the refrigerator and it stays soft,
not crumbly and tasting good for over two weeks. I've also made
hamburger buns with it and they turn out great - I use half the dough
to make a small loaf and the other half turns out 6-8 burger buns.

   My prefered way of making it is in the oven using a La Cloche - a
ceramic bread baking pan that is porous and draws all the moisture out
of the dough to give you light, crispy loaves of bread. You can find it
at Wlilliam Sonoma.

Regards,
Dimitrios, Santa Clara, CA