From:
Shelly Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shelly Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 06:02:42 -0400

I received a couple of suggestions for Burlington, VT.  See below

My daughter goes to UVM in Burlington and one of our favorite places there is a restaurant called "The Skinny Pancake." It is located about a block from the Burlington waterfront close to the science center. I don't remember the street name.

The restaurant is a crepe place where everything there can be made GF. They have separate crepe makers for wheat crepes and buckwheat (GF). The menu has everything from breakfast crepes to dinner crepes and dessert crepes. It's wonderful.
-------------------------

There is a great store there to buy GF products - Healthy Living Market:
http://healthylivingmarket.com/
-----------------------

You can go to Ken's Pizza at 71 Church St, near Bank St. and sit outdoors if the weather is descent.  Church St is closed to car traffic, so it's a pedestrian mall with many, many shops.

We eat there almost every Friday night on our way from Montreal to our place in Shoreham, Vt.

My Lara (age 17) has celiac disease and is the inspiration for Cream Hill Estates Lara’s Gluten-Free Rolled Oats and Whole Grain Oat Flour. She is very sensitive, but she has the nachos and I have the Parisian roast beef club without the pannini bread.  There’s other stuff too.

For a more upscale dinner, and if you have wheels, you can go to the “Bearded Frog” at the Shelburne Inn about 8 miles south on route 7 in Shelburne at the first stop light.  They are well aware of gluten-free restrictions.
------------------------

Breakfast- Magnolias (green restaurant) downtown gf menu
Penny Cluse gf friendly no homefries but fab fruit platter
Leunig's Bistro any meal gf friendly
In Stowe area Alchemist gf owners sandwich/fries gf & more.
City Market downtown grocery shopping carries local gf bakery items
Healthy Living near U Mall gf grocery
Tiny Thai restaurant
RiRa's on Church St downtown gf friendly
Pauline's So. Burlinton gf friendly
& more when I talk to my daughter who live there. Great place to visit/eat safely
I'll email again in next few days. Good luck but I have to say Vt has been the easiest place I've found to eat
safely in the past 7 yrs as celiac.