From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:04:37 -0600

Fyi - I posted a couple of weeks ago in a panic because my new kitchenaid
mixer was so intolerably loud and shrill.  After many reassuring responses I
returned it - as a lemon.

I spoke with the Kitchenaid  phone reps several times and was told about a
closeout special they are having right now.  The 6 qt pro model (not the
newest one - a previous model) is on sale for 279.00 no shipping and no tax.
That was actually cheaper than I was finding the 5 qt pro I had tried the
first time.  You can find an 800 number at www.kitchenaid.com
<http://www.kitchenaid.com/> .

So, with quite a bit of anxiety, I ordered it.  I have it now - yea!  It is
definitely louder than the model I have had for the last 24 years.  But, it
is acceptable.  Not as loud as an ice cream freezer.  My husband compared
the first one to his chain saw!

I love the wider bowl and have been very happy with it.  Thanks for all the
support from those of you that urged me not to give up after the first one.
My son is very happy as well - he gets the old model and he was pretty
nervous for a while that I might back down and just keep my old one.  Now,
we are both happy.

If anyone is considering a new mixer, I think this closeout is a pretty good
deal so I thought I would pass this info on.

Becky

Visit the archives at: Listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=CELIAC