From:
James R Moysey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 18:07:58 -0500

Listmates,

I had not heard of the connection between CD and seizures before
subscribing to this list.  I had my first grand mal in my early 40's and
then learned that I had been having petit mal seizures ("fainting spells"
& short blackouts) all my life!  I always knew because I felt the aura,
but didn't know that's what it was.  My EEG's showed a problem but I did
not have epilepsy.  The anti seizure medications drove me up a wall.  I
luckily found out that there was promising research being done with trace
minerals, a lack of which could cause an imbalance in the electrolytes
necessary for the brain to function properly at all timesand not get a
"short circuit".  This is the best layman explanation I have, I'm sure
someone out there has the proper description.

I took these and the medication until I could get rechecked.  When I did,
my EEG was normal and my doctor verified the research existed and that if
it worked for me, go ahead and come back if I had any symptoms.  That was
over 20 years ago and it has worked for me.

Since the seizures (petit mal) would be triggered after I ingested 2 to 3
drinks, I never had a problem of overindulgence - if I felt the beginning
of an aura I put down the glass for the evening.  That is no longer true
since the seizures stopped.  I had never heard of vaso amines, etc, and
their effect on CD but I now question if my seizures, vaso amines,
alcohol & CD are all tied together.  It had never before occured to me
that they were.

Seizures would also be triggered by pain or severe GI symtoms.  I am also
deficient in B complex, potassium, calcium and ?? and take a number of
supplements regularly.  Mineral deficiency seems to be a big problem with
me.   Almost all my problems have turned out to be a deficiency of some
sort, including thyroid and estrogen early in my life.

Sorry this is so long, but I would like more information on the above and
if there are know correlations or anything I should know to avoid more
trouble or a return of the seizures.

Thanks

Lia Moysey