From:
Patrick Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:05:35 -0500

Hi folks

I've never thought of our diet as awful.  Inconvenient for sure - but not
awful.  My wife and I are both biopsy diagnosed celiacs - and I think we
eat really well.  Last year Adrienne and I had my cousin living with us for
a month while he looked for a place to live.  My aunt asked him if it was
difficult having to eat with us because of our terrible food.  Dave laughed
and told her that Adrienne and I make better food than anyone he knows -
including her.  Of course she wasn't pleased to hear that.  But I was.

Adrienne and have friends for dinner two or three times a month.  We always
cook gluten free and everybody always thoroughly enjoys their meal. And
often they want the recipes to make the dishes for themselves.  For
brunches we make gluten free pancakes and waffles and serve them to our
gluten-eating friends  - who are convinced they taste better than the
traditional recipes.  I admit that a lot of converted baked goods don't
taste nearly as good as the wheat version.  But I think there's just so
much more out there to eat.  And for the most part, it tastes pretty good.

Patrick Dean
Senior Technical Writer
The Bulldog Group Inc.=A0
161 Frederick Street, Suite #200