Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:19:33 +0200

Dear list

I need advice that I can't seem to find. My Husband was diagnosed with
DH by use of a skin biopsy in May 97.( After six months of being very
sick and nobody knowing) He did not have any regular CD symptoms, but
has recently started showing some. I have tried my best to keep him on a
Gluten free diet, but this has been difficult as there is very little
info with regard to food,meats and medicine here in our town. I have
also not been able to find a DR. that knows what DH is. They keep
referring me to a dermatologist, which doesn't help either. I need to
know : Is it important to go for a biopsy. ? What about blood test and
which test.? Is it true that Celiacs are sensitive to iodine. ? What do
I ask a DR. to find out if he knows what DH and CD are ? Where can I
find medical info on the web about DH and CD.? These are just a few
Questions. Can anybody help ? Please Help! By the way - I live in
Rustenburg in the Northwest Province of South Africa. All I know I have
learnt from this list.  Please reply to me. at [log in to unmask]

Thankyou Teresa