CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:14:06 -0400

Hi Bernadette, I'm in the US, so I not sure what your blood sugars equate
to.  I'm Type 1 diabetic and have had problems with blood sugars going up
and down and when they go up, it takes forever for them to come down.  If
your sugars are dropping when you haven't taken any meds, I would say that
you are in the honeymoon phase of becoming a Type 1 diabetic.  However, I
recently had all my female hormones tested and found that at age 42 my DHEA
was elevated.  The doc put me on some meds to bring that down, which has
worked.  Also, I've noticed that my headaches have lessened.  Insulin
resistance can also occur from elevated DHEA, which I have had.  I think the
doc thinks I have PCOS.

Also, I have extremely low D3 levels and the doc has worked to get that up.
 This has been difficult and low D3 makes blood sugar hard to control.

So, I would go to someone that works with bioidentical hormone treatment as
discussed by Suzanne Somers and get ALL your male and female hormones
checked, and also get your D3 checked.  I take 5000 of D3 twice a day and it
is still low.

Blessings.
Barbara

*                   Search the logfiles at                      *
*    http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=celiac-diabetes *