C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harleen Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2015 18:33:12 -0500
Yeah, I know I have that kind of argument with my parents. I'm 33 and we
still bicker about how much candy I eat and how I should exercise more. My
sister, with CP, is 26 and they still insist that she not listen to her
iPod at the dinner table. I think it's a pretty common parent/child thing.

It depends on the relationship you have with them. The overprotective
arguments with my parents decreased as I started talking to them
individually and getting to know them as people and not just my parents.
But yes, I think it's pretty common.
~Harleen