C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 07:23:51 -0300
Mag,

  Check out Westie Rescue in CA, state or regional affiliations. Very often
people purchase Westies and simply don't have the time for them. They weigh
between 18-23 pounds. The bitches are smaller. I'd recommend a male, as
they'd bond a bit better with you, given you're an old broad :)

I'd also recommend the Lhasa Apso; great guard dog.

Both the Westie and the Lhasa are very quick to learn; love to learn,
actually.

I've had 3 Cairns; they're earth dogs and all mine tended to mind everyone's
business but their own. In fact, with my very first Cairn, I called an
obedience trainer. After he stopped laughing, he said he kicked 4 of the
little SOB's out of his obedience class. He trained mine privately at my
home and found him very quick. I think it's because Mr. Clancy was so tuned
into my mobility limitations that he was trying to 'help'. He was a very
clever dog :)

My current terrier, the Australian Silky is a barker. I've never had a
barker before. He doesn't bloody shut up! It's the Yorkie influence in him.
He spent his life tethered to a kitchen cabinet doorknob for 8-10 hours a
day til the rescue lady took him and handed him over to me. Once in my care,
he blossomed. He's even learning to put away his toys! :)

If you google, Westie Rescue, California, you should see quite an extensive
list of reputable organisations whose function is to rehome abandoned,
neglected or abused dogs.

Hope this helps.

BTW, did I ever send you guys a pic of Mr. Digby. I've got a lovely shot of
him sporting his Christmas 'do', clutching one of his Christmas prezzies. So
cute! :)

Cheers!

Carla
http://home.netscape.ca/~terrier