C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JOHN RUNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 11:56:20 -0600
This is the very technology and idea that the school is resistant too!  Yet it is medically recommended!  Yes she gets O.T. at school yet that is one person that says mental fatigue or physical fatigue are not reasons to adjust her school day and she is just working us and  we should make her go all day again against medical advice!  I understand that most are adults and that is very beneficial , infact I am glad because speaking with you helps with long term goals for Mary. I am being told by the medical side what Mary's abilities and weaknesses are and how to support those abilities, then  the school builds a wall.   I am locating groups for assistive tech and service dogs even, but the school seems to disagree with the medical findings.   Please understand these medical professionals have tracked Mary from birth until now they know where she started and where she should be headed.

Thanks,
I am calm but highly frustrated,

John Runer