C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:56:34 -0500
It's pretty unlikely that your actual e-mail account was hacked.  Usually
when this kind of thing happens the "From:" e-mail account is spoofed by a
Spambot running somewhere.  Robots are subscribed to lists like this,
collect our addresses, and then send out e-mails that look like they are
from legitimate users even though they originate from somewhere else.
That's why it's always a good idea to not include machine readable versions
of your e-mail in a message. If you really want people to know your e-mail
use something like "mjeff at aol dot com" to tell us your e-mail.  It won't
stop spoofing but it's less likely to happen.

Peter Hunsberger