From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 13:56:57 -0700
Hi all! I need recommendations! First, I am a good CW op, and I know how
to use ARRL Field Day Contest Log on my computer. Last year in 12 hours
I made 144 contacts which isn't real speedy, but I wish to (1) do better
in 24 hours or so, or as long as my future club will be awake, and (2)
take advantage of whatever the best of you blind ops can offer me for
recommendations as to what I can do to do better. :)
I use a keyer, MFJ 264 I believe is the model number which can store
memories for CQ and other things like contest transmissions. I use to
have to depend on others to log when I could not write mine but the ARRL
Field Day Contest Log really is fantastic for it.
What else do you do to make it easier, or, do you do more than just a
good logging routine?
As I said I am a good CW op and plan on making that mode my primary
source of points since it is becoming less and less a mode which clubs
plan on having good ops to be doing, since it is more and more an
anachronism to do it, unfortunately. :)
THANKS SO MUCH, for your advise, and lets keep this topic going, for
which, I'll appreciate all input.
Truly! What do you to do well in the contest? I wish to shine for my
future club which I will do with good recommendations from you visually
impaired folks. I couldn't participate this year for 2 reasons, (1) my
wife needs physical help due to her illness, and (2) my former club has
sort of wigged out on field day, which is unfortunate.

--
Curtis Delzer
HS