Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:43:09 PDT

Hi.  I am posting this for a student who might have celiac disease. He is
doing a school project and needs responses as soon as possible.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.  If you already responded to this
message through my Celiac Polls Listbot, please do not reply again.   Do not
reply after November 1, 1999.  I have reopened the
poll on my web page.  The webpage poll asks only for blood type.
David's poll asks for more information.  Please reply to both.

To reply to the webpage poll go to:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/celiac-poll.html
(If you scroll down you will see a box for joining the celiac
poll email list)

ALSO: Please fill out this survey and reply directly to BOTH David
and I at:

Celiac Project Internet Survey
David Kolber
8th Grade
Sacred Heart Schools

Introduction:

     My Name is David Kolber, I am 14 years old and my doctors think
that I might have Celiac Disease.  They are suspicious because I have
not grown since last year, and because of testing the doctors think it
is either Celiac Disease or a growth hormone deficiency.  Due to this
news I'm going to do my science project on Celiac Disease.  To be more
specific, I want to find out if there is a correlation between people
who have Celiac Disease and their blood types, specifically if they have
blood type O or B.  There has been research done that suggests that
people with blood type O or B should eliminate wheat from their diet.
According to this research the lectin (protein) in gluten is harmful to
blood types O and B because it attacks the small intestine, blocking its
ability to absorb any nutrients.  I have also learned that in order to
get Celiac Disease you must have a genetic predisposition to it and
something must trigger the auto immune reaction to wheat.

Would you please help me with my project by answering a few questions? All
information will remain confidential.  I don't need your last name and
address.

To fill out this survey:

1. Highlight all the text.

2. Go to Edit then press copy.

3. After you have copied the letter and survey, press reply to
this letter on your e-mail account.

4. Go to edit and then press paste.

5. Fill out the survey blanks.

6. Send it back to [log in to unmask]

Please fill in the blanks.

1.  First name and last name initial:

2.  What is your Blood type?

3.  Are you diagnosed with Celiac?

4.  If so when were you diagnosed and how?

5.  Does any one in your family have it?[Please explain relationship]

6.  In your opinion, what do you think was the trigger?

Thank you very much for filling out this survey. Please send it
back to: [log in to unmask]   and   [log in to unmask]