From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:23:22 -0400

Dear List Members,

My 10 year old son was diagnosed with celiac disease 2 years ago. His
only symptom was profound anemia.  He never had the intestinal distress
that is so typical of celiac disease, nor has he ever had the dermititis
that I've read about through the list.  For this reason, I'm wondering
if it would matter if he used health and beauty products (shampoo, soap,
sunscreen, etc...) that contain gluten?   The other day, he had a
mosquito bite, and I inadvertantly put some Aveno creme on it, not
thinking that it contains oatmeal.  Absolutely nothing happened.

Can gluten on the OUTSIDE hurt his INSIDES, or is it strictly a matter
of the rash/dermatitis?

Thanks!

Mary - Milwaukee