From:
Lynn M Dillow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:56:49 EDT

Hello,

After reading the original post re Starbuck's I was still concerned and wrote
asking my own question.  The reply and question follows:

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Starbucks Coffee Company.

I checked with our National Food Safety Manager and he informed that the
Rhumba Frappuccino contains wheat products, and therefore, may contain
gluten.  No other drinks contain gluten or grain by-products.

Thank you again for contacting Starbucks.  If you have any further questions
or concerns, please contact us at [log in to unmask] or call (206) 447-1575
ext. 2900 to speak with a customer relations representative.

Sincerely,
Taunya
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company

---------
HI,

I have just read the posting to the celiac site where you state
That nothing is added to the starbucks coffee and all are therefore gluten
free.

Are you aware of what gluten free and wheat free mean?  I need to make sure
we are talking "apples and apples".

Would this also pertain to the flavored coffees and drinks?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELP.

LYNN