From:
dcattran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:19:47 -0400

I am a 26 year old female who was diagnosed with Celiac Disease at
thirteen months of age after severe illness.  My husband and I are
hoping to conceive a baby over the next year or so and I was looking for
anything I should be aware of as a Celiac.

I carefully adhere to a gluten-free diet, am taking pre-natal vitamins,
do not drink alcohol, tea, coffee, or colas, nor do I smoke.  So I have
the "basics" covered but am interested in tips from Celiac women who
have gone through pregnancy.  Having recently moved (to Toronto) and
started with a new doctor, I do not know if she's ever had a Celiac
patient (or a pregnant Celiac patient).  I am planning to go for a
pre-conception check-up in the next couple of weeks and wonder if I
should bring anything to her attention (other than the obvious having my
blood checked for folic acid, sugar and iron levels).

Thank you very much!

Stacy