From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 18:45:05 -0500

Dear Listmembers,

Our 9 year old daughter has been sick with a couple of different illnesses
for the past few weeks and may have to be hospitalized for treatment.  Does
anyone have any suggestions as to how to handle the staff regarding the
diet, the medication, the doctors who may not be familiar with celiac
disease, etc. ?  This is a well-known children's hospital in a major city.
Please help as soon as possible.

For your information, she has been diagnosed with a fungal infection as well
as possible Lyme disease (contacted on a camping trip earlier this summer).
She has had an allergic response to the medications she was given (all
medications were gluten free).  We will know tomorrow if they decide to
hospitalize her for further treatment.

Does anyone's kids react with "gluten slip" symptoms when they get sick with
other stuff?

Thanks for your help.

Bev Wahl in Chicago, IL