From:
"Guldenpfennig, Joni" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 08:03:03 -0500

I have been reading postings for a few months as well as looking
through the archives, and I thought that the gluten-free status of
Quinoa was somewhat controversial.  I have stayed away from this
grain, because I'm not 100-percent sure that it is gluten-free.

Yesterday, while picking up my 'white-rice spaghetti' at a SuperTarget
store, I saw a package of Quinoa spaghetti that clearly stated on the
package, 'Wheat-free and Gluten-Free'.  I checked the ingredients and
quinoa flour was listed along with corn flour.  Does anyone know if
quinoa has been determined 'safe for celiacs', or is it a judgement call??

Sorry if this has been 'hashed over' previously.  I'm just trying to
determine if I can truly trust packaging when it reads 'Gluten-Free'.

Thanks for all of your help!

Joni G. in Iowa