From:
"MYERS,KAREN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:34:41 -0500

I was diagnosed with CD in January.  I am doing well since being gluten
free.  I have a few questions I am hoping some of the more experienced
celiacs or professionals can answer.  My doctor was unable to help.
First, If we are not allowed to have distilled venegar, why are French's
mustard and Heinz Catsup considered gluten free(CSA Product list 4th
edition)?  Also, I have read the opinions of chemists on this list, and
have received an E-Mail from the chemist at Jack Daniels that states the
distillation process removes all gluten and therefore they believe
distilled alcohols are GF. Why then does the CSA conitnue to tell us not
to drink these products?  Thank you for your help.  Karen