Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 05:05:50 -0400
From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>

I received this request for assistance for a celiac student that is coming
to the US.  Please direct your messages to

 --
Michael Jones  [log in to unmask]  Orlando, FL USA

-----------------
Hi,

my name is Tillman Eisenberg and I am a volunteer for Youth For
Understanding, which is an international youth exchange organization. We
are organizing long term exchange, which means that the participants of
our program spent one year in a foreign country, go to school there and
generally try to take part in the normal everyday life of the host
country. This also means of course that our students are placed in host
families.

The reason I am writing to you is that right now we have a really urgent
problem with one of our students ("Jasper"), who suffers from celiac
sprue. He is scheduled to travel from Germany to the U.S. on the 10th of
August (next week !!!), but so far we haven't been able to find a host
family for him. The reason for that seems to be that most "normal"
families hesitate to host an exchange student who needs a special diet.
So right now I am trying to contact families that have experience with
celiac sprue.

Do you know anybody that might be willing to host an exchange student
with celiac sprue for a year or maybe a couple of weeks as an arrival
family? Jasper is a very pleasant person, who likes sports (tennis,
badminton, sailing), music (piano, saxophone), reading and computers. He
is (like most of our students) 16 years old. He has a very uncomplicated
and mature way of dealing with his allergy.

I think it would be very sad if Jasper can not take part in the exchange,
because of his allergy.

So if you could pass the word about Jaspers situation I would be very
thankful. If you need more information about Jasper, about hosting or about
Youth For Understanding in general  I would be happy to provide it (You
might want to check out our homepage at "www.yfu.org") We have by the
way volunteers all over the United States, who offer support to our students
and our host families during the stay.

You can contact me at [log in to unmask] Please don't
use the reply button because I am writing from another person's account,
which I can't access regularly.

Thanks a lot for your support,

Yours Tillman
(volunteer, YFU Germany)