From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:56:05 -0700

I wrote to Baileys on their web-site and asked if it is gluten-free.
Below is their response:

----------------
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:38:16 +0100
From: Baileys Webmaster <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Sidona,

Thank you for your email.

The whiskey used in Baileys is manufactured by fermenting grain, which
contains Gluten. The fermented grain is distilled to obtain the alcohol for
the whiskey. The Gluten does not come across in the distillations process.

We are not qualified to give medical advice to you if you must have a
Gluten free diet. You should consult with your medical adviser before
consuming Baileys.

The ingredients are

Fresh dairy cream
Sugar
Alcohol (including whiskey)
Sodium caseinate - a dairy protein
Chocolate extract and flavours
Caramel
Emulsifier of vegetable origin
Sodium citrate - a salt found in milk
Water
Total alcohol content 17%

I hope that answers your question.

Kind regards
Candy, Baileys Webmaster

>Message:
>I'm trying to find out if Bailey's Irish
>Cream is gluten-free.  If you don't know,
>could you let me know the ingredients.
>
>Thank you very much, Sidona Ryan

    Baileys Truth or Dare a
 game for two or more players