From:
Chloe Macy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:52:05 -0400

Dear List,

I wanted to share the letters I've received from Jax Peters Lowell
about Cup Cakes and Tummy Aches.  It seems that writing a book
isn't just about putting pen to paper.  It's also about marketing and
research for potential audiences of books. We have an opportunity to
help get a book for Celiac children to press.

Please read on....

                          ********
"Dear Gwynneth:  Thank you for the kind words.  Could you e-mail me all
the responses you received?  One of the reasons I dropped the children's
project was my publisher's LACK OF SUPPORT for a "SPECIAL ISSUE" book
that would reach such a small market.  It will be an UPHILL BATTLE with
the marketing department when I propose Cup Cakes to the committee.  THE
LETTERS WILL HELP IMMENSELY, as well as any poll of list members who
might be potential readers.  Thank you so much."  Jax Lowell
(Caps are mine, not Ms. Lowells')
                          ********

The letters sent to me were deleted as soon as I read and/or
responded to them.  Ms. Lowell wrote the following after I
told her about the deletions. (We get an awfully full mailbox
here):

                          ********
"Dear Gwynneth:  Thanks for your response (I, too, am familiar with the
delete button).  If you would be so kind as to post a request for
it.  I am heartened by your support."  Jax Lowell
                          ********

Please, whoever posted to me, re-send your reply.  Other folks...
let's make a difference!  Let's help get this book on the shelves!
Let's make a noise!  Let's show the publisher that there is an
audience for Jax Peters Lowell's book!

Send your responses to me, and I'll forward them on to Jax Lowell.

Sincerely,
Gwynneth in Boston