From:
goalieootttaA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:54:47 -0700

Dear Listies,

I recently acquired yet another bladder infection which the DR now
suspects may be interstitial cystitis. I'm wondering if any other people
on the group have a lot of bladder trouble as I can almost guarantee an
infection if I consume gluten as I did about a week ago by mistake.
Custitis is an infection of the bladder by microorganisms and can
generally be remedied by antibiotics.

Interstitial cystitis is bladder discomfort which is not always related to
an infection, is to do with problems with the integrity of the bladder lining,
and I think is an autoimmune problem which I have read on our group is
something some celiacs will be prone to.  If there are celiacs on our
group who have bladder infections/interstitial cystitis, I would much
appreciate hearing how you deal with the symptoms as this can be a very
painful problem at times!

Thanks kindly,
Lissy