From:
JOHN EDWARD SANDERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 15:47:43 -0500

Good news.  Some Martha White Corn Meal products contain corn flour instead
of wheat flour.

Some weeks ago I requested of the list any information about Martha White
corn meal mixes labeled as containing "corn meal and flour".  The few
theses products as it was most likely wheat flour.  Thank you to those who
responded.

I decided to write to the company at the address on the package.  I
received back a letter from the Consumer Relations office of Pillsbury
requesting that I call them with my question. I passed this information
onto my sister, who's son has CD.  She called and reported back this
afternoon that "corn meal and flour" on mixes so labeled indicates corn
flour.  Our experience with the plain and buttermilk mixes so labeled is
without reaction.  These mixes make a wonderfull pone of cornbread with the
addition of a some cornstarch.  Note of Caution:  some Martha White
products are labeled as containing wheat flour.

Martha White, as well as Green Giant, Totino's, Jeno's, Haagen-Dazs, Old El
Paso and Progresso brands, are divisions of Pillsbury.  The address and
phone number to direct inquiries is for all of these companies:
        Customer Relations
        P. O. Box 550
        Minneapolis, MN 55440
        800/883-6317