From:
Barbara Parkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:11:11 -0600

Hi List,

I'm a self diagnosed Celiac and was doing fine until the weather got cold
when I started using Nutrogena hand cream all over my body after a bath.  I
started getting digestive symptoms, but have eliminated all but the safest
foods from my diet.  I know from previous experience with topical
medication that I absorb things easily through the skin.  I notice
Nutrogena has something called "Cetearyl Alcholol" in it.  Anybody know
what this is?  I have not used any Nutrogena hand cream for about three
days, and my digestive system seems to be doing better, but my skin is like
leather.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Barbara Parkman