From:
Pamela Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 20:31:35 -0400

I hope you will seriously consider taking an exchange student into your
home.  We have done it seven times over ten years and thoroughly LOVED
the experiences.

These European and Asian kids are the cream of the crop, bright and
truly desiring to have "the American experience."  [We would offer our
home but we are currently selling our house and moving.]
In October we will go to Great Britain to visit an exchange student
[Youth for Understanding] who was from Berlin.  He came to our house in
1985-86, has been back for Christmas a couple of times and now is a
banker at Barclay's in London!  There have been others who pop up on our
doorstep or plan to spend the summer with us, because we have become
family.  Like all adolescents they know everything there is to know, and
like our adolescents they are opportunities for learning and teaching
and loving and enjoying.

Ours have come from Sweden [1], Japan [1], Germany[3], Denmark [2].

Go for it!

Pamela Anderegg
Auburn, New York