From:
Barbara Backman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 00:24:22 EDT

My apologies for the long delay in posting this summary.  Many thanks to all
those who offered suggestions and encouragement.  The concensus is that it is
best to have as much control over your own food preparation as possible.
Even those colleges with dining and catering staff willing to accommodate a
gf diet, cannot be relied upon to consistently provide gf meals. My son will
be attending UC Berkeley in the Fall.  He is looking forward to living on
campus.  It looks like he will be able to have a microwave and small
refrigerator in his room.  Also, there are several buffet style dining halls
on campus where he should be able to make some gf selections, such as fruit,
salads, potatoes, etc.  Of course, you can bet Mom will have a supply of
frozen gf pasta, bread, etc. to stock his little refrigerator.  Thank you for
the suggestion on the protein burger wrapped in lettuce that In and Out
Burger offers -- a great suggestion especially since that is a social hang
out as well.  We will be sure to share any tips we learn with the list as we
go along.

Thanks again -- you are all the greatest!

BB in CA