Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 01:36:09 +0100

Hi,

from the answers I got to my question why we are told different things
in different countries about what's safe to eat or not, I realized I
missed to point a few things out.

I live in Sweden and here it is considered ok to drink eg. beer and
whiskey.......After the messages i got saying beer was a big NO, No for
celiacs I got unsure of what I had been told here. So, I looked through
all my info material and magazines from the Swedish Celiac Association
they said; The Swedish National Food Administration had tested 56
different beer labes ( we have three categories of beer I, II and III
where III is the strongest in alcohol level) In cat III there were sven
wich contained gluten traces, less than0,07g per 100g - wich is
considered to be safe here.

I did't actually realize there was so big differences between the
european countries but there is! I only got answers from UK and Ireland
and there was beer NO aswell as whiskey.

I still can't understand why these differences excists. We are all
humans and inside we are the same no matter where we live and gluten is
also the same, so WHY? It would make everything so much easier if it was
the same "rules" everywhere, wouldn't it?!

Anna M