From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:19:46 -0500

Dear Listmembers, Ebelskivers are little pancake type balls that you need a
special frying pan with depressions in to make.  Please do not ask me where
to get the pans, as I have no idea.  Several listmembers told me that they
are scarce these days.  I am printing only two of the recipes, for both
space reasons and the reason that the others all contain regular flour.
One listmember said she tried converting her old recipes and they didn't
work with GF flour.  I haven't tried these yet, but here goes:

1 cup plus 2 T. GF flour mix
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/2 quart buttermilk
Mix dry ingredients.  Beat egg yolks with little buttermilk then add rest
of buttermilk and add to dry ingredients.  Fold in stiffly beaten egg
whites.
*Don't expect them to stay in round shape balls.  I also add just a little
pinch of sugar to the dry ingredients as it just sweetens it a little.

3 egg yolks
2 T. sugar
1/2 Tsp. salt
2 cups flour*
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
3 egg whites

Beat egg yolks till lemon colored.  Add sugar and salt and beat again.  Mix
dry ingredients.   Add to above mixture alternately with buttermilk.  Beat
egg whites till stiff and fold into above mixture.  Fill well greased, hot
ableskiver holes about 1/2 full of batter.  When starting to bubble, turn
with a toothpick.

*I use a couple tablespoons sweet rice flour and a couple spoons fo potato
starch, a little corn starch, and then add rice flour till I have 2 cups.
(Actually, I don't measure the other ingredients, just the total number of
cups.

I thank everyone very much for their kind responses, and I'm sorry that
this is so late.  Happy Holidays!  Karen from Central NY, USA