PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Bernet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:42:47 EDT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Colleagues:

 I will again be organizing a program at the APA annual meeting in Boston,
our fourth so far.  So far, I am certain only of the program for the opening
day, Friday, August 20, from 5.00 to 9.00, at the Westin Hotel. The event is
featured in the convention program.  You can find more details at
<A HREF="
http://members.aol.com/spsji/express/index.htm">http://members.aol.com/spsji/e
xpress/index.htm
</A>. Please pass on this message to friends and colleagues, especially those
attending the convention and those from the Greater Boston area.

 The program will include a discussion of specifically Jewish issues in
psychology, a Sabbath celebration with song and dance, and a traditional
kosher dinner.  The event is not limited to psychologists nor to Jews of any
specific orientation. I hope this meeting will draw enough participants to
permit the revival of the Society for the Psychological Study of Jewish
Issues, which has been dormant since I stepped down last year.

 With enough support (financial, academic and man/womanpower) I'd like to
arrange for a hospitality suite that can serve for socializing, discussions,
presentations, snacks, and religious functions, as required.  Suggestions are
welcome for programs, presentations and discussions in our suite.

 I would like to hear from anyone who might wish to attend.  Please notify
your colleagues, especially those who might attend, and friends in the
greater Boston area.  I must have some idea of the number of potential
participants to book the rooms and to order the meals.

 I'll be glad to send more information.  Please respond to me at
<A HREF="[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>. And please forward this
message, and our url, to friends and colleagues,
<A HREF="
http://members.aol.com/spsji/express/index.htm">http://members.aol.com/spsji/e
xpress/index.htm
</A>.