Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 03:46:12 PDT
From:
Dwight Corbitt <[log in to unmask]>

    Since most people who contact us regarding gluten are especially
concerned about the vinegars we use, we have asked our current suppliers
for statements regarding gluten content of their particular
brands.Copies of their responses are enclosed. Please make your decision
based on the comments of all our suppliers, since we use vinegar from
all of them at various times in our products.

    Three of our products are make with flavorings which we know DO
contain gluten. They are SWEET INDIA RELISH, HOT DOG RELISH, AND
HAMBURGER RELISH.   According to our information we have received from
our spice/flavorings suppliers, our other products should be gluten free
as far as flavorings and spices.

    Because we are dependent upon our suppliers for accuracy in
reporting ingredient content,we do not guarantee that any of our
products are gluten free. We are glad to pass on to you the information
we have on file, but we ask that you make your decision based on the
fact that we have done no independent testing and can offer no
guarantees.
   John N. Walker

      There were four letters attached which stated that the vinegar is
from corn or that it is 200 grain distilled vinegar or triple distilled
and all suppliers thought that the vinegar is gluten free.

     Do NOT SEND any replies about how distilled vinegar affects you.
   I let my very sensitive knees, decide for me if a products is OK or
not. This week I have consumed copious amounts of Mt. Olive Kosher
Dills, Sweet Mixed, and Bread and Butter chunks and had absolutely no
reaction at all.  I did have some burning from the Hot Mixed but that
could be from the red pepper chunks in this jar. I usually feel any kind
of red coloring.
   Corn is so cheap now I believe most commercial vinegar is probably
form corn.
    If anyone has any information on any other pickles please let me
know.
     Dwight