Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:59:27 -0700
From:

Joanne complained about dealing with work-related social situations
involving food.  She sounded like she is still in the early stages of
dealing with the gluten-free diet.  Yes, we go through the poor-me
deprivation stage at first.  It does get better.  I think the key is
learning to plan in advance. Surely there is notice at work about
celebrations. She could bring a tasty gluten-free treat for everyone to
share or at least bring a snack for herself.  It's just a fact of life
now that we can't cheat on this medically-prescribed diet. The idea is
to shift the focus off food and on to enjoying the fellowship of the
people and enjoying the temporary break from work. This attitude
adjustment takes some time, but you will have to work at it.  The other
people will forget you have a food problem when you yourself don't have
a food/attitude problem. You have to take responsibility for yourself.
You can do it!  Janet in Houston