From:
"Mary A Halas, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 23:49:53 -0400

On 9/23/98, Leslie Granson wrote:

<<...a source for natural HRT and also for the doctor who specializes in
nutritional and metabolic medicine....The pharmacy is called Women's
International Pharmacy...>>

Women's International Pharmacy (in Madison, Wisconsin), has good materials
for both medical professionals and patients.  It is one of several
compounding pharmacies that have pioneered in providing natural hormones,
unusual drug delivery systems (such as gels), and providing compounded
medicines for those of us who have to avoid those "binders and excipients"
with gluten, dyes and lactose.  I have no financial relationship with any
of the resources on the following list, but I have used them with
satisfaction both professionally and as a patient for 15 years.  Stokes is
the only one new to me, from this listserv.  When I got Stokes' guide to
gluten-free pharmaceuticals, I noticed the brochure also mentioned
"fertility assistance and hormonal replacement therapy.

Resources for Women's Health Issues
Compounding Pharmacies and Publications

Women's International Pharmacy
5708 Monona Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53716-3152
    (608) 221-7800
     Toll Free (800) 279-5708
    Fax (608 221-7819
"NATURAL HORMONE THERAPY:
PMS,  MENOPAUSE,  INFERTLITY"

Madison Pharmacy Associates
"PROVIDING KNOWLEDGE, HOPE AND HELP TO WOMEN"
429 Gammon Place
P.O. Box 9641
Madison, Wisconsin 53715
  (800) 558-7046
 Fax 1 (608) 833-7412

College Pharmacy
3505 Austin Bluff Parkway
Suite 101
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
MAKES PERCUTANEOUS GELS for
hormone replacement therapy.
 1 (800)-888-9358
 Fax 1 (800)-556-5893

Stokes Medical Arts Pharmacy
"Fertility Assistance & Hormonal
Replacement Therapy"
639 Stokes Road
Medford, NJ 08055
800-754-5222
Fax: 609-654-5899

Hazle Drugs Apothecary, Inc.
20 North Laurel Street
Hazleton, Pennsylvania 18201
Compounding pharmacy -- prepares
natural hormones.  800-439-2026

Medical Arts Pharmacy
Richard Fura, Pharmacist
3675 S. Rainbow Blvd. #103
Las Vegas, NV 89103
800-723-7455
702-873-8455

Harvard Women's Health Watch
"Information for enlightened choices"
from Harvard Medical School Publications Group
164 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

Broda O. Barnes, MD, Research Foundation, Inc.
Post Office Box 98
Trumbulll, Connecticut 06611
 1 (203)-261-2101
Thyroid and other hormone disorders: