From:
Fierce Loveliness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:15:56 -0400

Well, there seem to be only two TOTALLY glutenfree cheese subs.  The first
is Soy Singles by Soymage, also known as Soyco.  Whole Foods carried them,
but is discontinuing.  I am asking them to special order for me, and they
are getting back to me today.  the other is VeganRella which Whole Foods
carries, but is thinking of discontinuing as a chain.   One which is
debatable is SoyKaas, which I thought had malted cereal extracts when I
looked at it but some people say it doesnt anymore.  I have to check.
They only have Mozzarella which is gf, the others have oats in them.  BE
CAREFUL!  If you are a Celiac, the Oats, even in minute amounts, will
damage your precious villi!!

Finally, Rice Slice is gluten free, but contains Casein.  Casein is a milk
product, but it IS lactose free.  If your problem is with Lactose, you're
fine.  If, like me, your problem is with ALL milk products, then you
should avoid this, or if you are a Vegan!  Please note the difference
between milk allergies and lactose intolerances!  Thanks for all your
help.

 Joanna F. Schroeder
"...and when the winds have blown things round and back again, what was
once your pain will be your home" Emily Saliers