From:
Abigail Neuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:58:55 PDT

Per call to makers of Orudis KT pain reliever (800-322-3129), they still
cannot guarantee their product is gf.  The ingredients call for corn
starch, but they cannot guarantee that the suppliers will always give
them corn starch.  It is based on availability.  If corn starch is
unavailable, they will use other starches, which could include wheat.
She said that they could go for years without ever using wheat starch at
all, but they still can't make promises. None of the other ingredients
in this product contain gluten.

Tylenol Extra Strength Gel Caps and Tylenol PM Gel Caps (800-962-5357)
have been tested for gluten, and are considered gluten free.  I was told
that there is no detectable gluten in them.  Gluten is not added to
these products at all.  Only corn starch is used in these products.  So
these should be safe for celiacs.

The anti-inflamatory Motrin I.B. 200 mg Caplets and Tablets (also at
800-962-5357) have also been tested for gluten content.  They also have
no detectable gluten in them.  Gluten is not added to these products at
all.  Only corn is used in these also.  These too should be safe for
celiacs.

Abigail, St Paul, MN
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group http://www.customforum.com/celiac/
Moderated chats:Sun 10pm-12am E.T.,Mon 8-10pm E.T.,Wed at 1pm E.T.
Non-Moderated Chat Wed 8-10pm E.T.