Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:57:11 -0500

I think -- unless I missed something -- that the initial post about websites
was regarding a site that would compile information about cities to help
folks either travelling or relocating ...

My own feeling is that while the listserv is an awesome resource, something
in the archives from a year ago may be stale.  Maybe not ...  but there'd be
this added step of finding a post about, say, restaurants in san francisco,
emailing the original author to see if the restaurant is still GF-friendly,
etc.  A dynamically-updating data-driven website would be more efficient in
some ways ...

In my own quest for GF-friendly lodging, I am getting at least 2-3 changes
a week ... one innkeeper initially said no ... then emailed back, and said
they didn't want to be listed as GF-friendly until they had some GF snacks
in the freezer ... so they stocked up, sent me an email, and I put them
back on the GF list  ....

The nature of a list this large [and this well-run!] is that it would have
been a waste of bandwidth if I had sent out a question about city X, gotten
an initial 'ye olde inn is great' followed by the lack-o-goodies concern,
followed by another update that the goodies had been replenished.

Just my very long-winded two-cents worth  ...

Tracey in Connecticut   GF lodging:  http://www.innseekers.com/feature.htm