From:
Robert Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:40:20 -0400

I would like to share with everyone this new medical reference
which I heard about from the Celiac Disease Foundation:

Epilepsy and other Neurological Disorders in Coeliac Disease
Edited by G. Gobbi, et al.

Coeliac disease may be manifested by gastrointestinal symptoms,
or be silent, latent or "potential". It may also be present with dermatitis
herpetiformis, dental enamel defects or neurological disorders -
especially epilepsy. In the case of the latter symptoms these appear
mostly in relation  to occipital seizures, frequently intractable. This
book examines these, and other neurological manifestations.

It is the first book to focus on the neurological complications of
coeliac disease. Many of the studies include opinions, analyses and
recommendations on gluten-free diets for affected patients. This book
brings together many of the results of the investigations and opinions
of the world's leading researchers in the fields of neurology, psychiatry,
internal medicine, gastroenterology, immunology, genetics and imaging.

Order from you local bookseller
or directly from: in the US & Canada: Books International Inc
PO Box 6096, Herndon, Virginia 20172 USA
Tel: 1-703 435 7064
Price: UKP65.00/US$114
ISBN: 0 86196 537 X Hardback 392pp
Published by John Libbey & Co. Ltd., London, UK

You may wish to ask your medical library to buy the book. I tried to
borrow the book through inter-library loan, but found out that the one
copy currently in the US is at the National Library of Medicine. The
librarian guessed it is too early for other libraries to have added it
to their collections since it has a copyright of 1997.

Martha in California